Navi

  • Home
  • Updates
  • Articles
  • Tutorials
  • Photo Gallery

Monday 21 November 2011

[Tutorial] Water Refilling - Drip Method

I went on holiday for about 2 days. When I returned, the water level of my tank dropped about 2 inches through evaporation and I didn't prepare any water to refill into my tank >.<. By adding tap water immediately to the tank will distrupt the water conditions and might kill some shrimps.

Evolved from what Kevyn taught me on how to acclimate the newly bought shrimps via dripping method. I develop a method to slowly drip water into my tank.


Equipments Required
 Valve x 1
Aquarium Tube x 2



Container x 1

Setting Up








Setup as the image show.

  1. Fill the container with water
  2. Place the container somewhere higher than the tank
  3. Make sure the valve is open and fill the tube with water
  4. Place one end of the tube in the bottom of the container (water should flow out from the other end)
  5. Turn the valve till water drips at 1 drip/sec
  6. Done:)


[Ben]