Navi

  • Home
  • Updates
  • Articles
  • Tutorials
  • Photo Gallery

Thursday 12 April 2012

Building my own Aquarium Ceramic Shrimp Breeding cave


And so you may have seen something a Shrimp breeding cave at your local fish shop and always wanted to buy one. But wait, what is the price again? $9? for something like that? I wouldn't want to pay that amount of money for something that can be made easily!


First of all, you will need some pvc pipes or clear plastic tubes, I got some clear plastic tubes as they were available from the under gravel filter that I didn't use.



Next, you will need a piece of net, the same one which I have been using for all my java moss wall.


First, I tried to tie the pipes together with a tie wrap. It didn't really work out well as the nudge of the tie wrap makes tying the Java moss on pretty difficult. What I did was used fishing line to secure the pipes together.


You will then need some Java moss, I had plenty in my tank so this was also "Free"

Next apply some Java moss onto the "tied pipes"

Then I wrapped the Net onto the java moss and apply another round of fishing line to securely fasten everything together. Remember to trim the excess net/java away to make it look neater

And the End product below. I have also tried this with Pelia and it works pretty well!

New Play ground for my shrimps, YAY!