Navi

  • Home
  • Updates
  • Articles
  • Tutorials
  • Photo Gallery

Sunday 25 March 2012

Drip Method for Acclimatization

As I have spoken a few times about the drip method for Acclimatization, I don't think I have ever posted any pictures on how I do it. Heres how;

1) First of all, you will need 1 of this air tube valves, a very simple mechanism that allows you to control the flow of the air bubbles from your air pump.

2)However, instead of controlling the flow of air, we will be controlling the flow of water here.

3)Next you will have to connect to a long enough air tube that can reach 1 end of your tank to your Acclimatization "cup". Below is a picture of how I connect them.


4) Next step will be to siphon water into the tube so that you can create a flow from a higher end to a lower end. In this case, my tank to the "cup".

5) Finally, you turn the little knob on control valve till you get approximately 1 drop of water for 2-3 secs and viola, you have just achieved the Acclimatization technique.

cheers!